Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sunday Evening in Summit










I still haven't figured out how to coordinate the pictures with the narrative, so I will just take what I get. We woke up in South Jordan to a late arriving spring storm. When I stopped in Provo for church services with Barbara, there was more snow on the ground than in SLC. The trip to Summit was without incident, with snow flurries and wet roads until about Beaver City. It looked like Southern Utah, including Summit, would just get a brush-by. However, the storm did make a stop, and I snapped a couple of photos for this storm on the penultimate day of March. We are snug and warm with our fire in the woodstove and actually enjoying the last stand of winter. It is already HOT in Las Vegas and we are needing air conditioning at the office, so this is an interesting contrast. Enjoy the trees in our yard with the wet spring snow clinging to them at dusk, and the cozy fire inside.


3 comments:

jared and mary 2 said...

That looks like the perfect amount of snow, and none on the roads. I'm really bad at guesstimating measurements, but I'd say we had at least 3 inches in Orem. Maybe we should turn on our fireplace, yours does look very inviting.

Laura Stringham said...

I can't believe how blue those pictures look. It makes the outside look freezing and the inside look so nice. We were wishing we had a fire this weekend, Brent never got around to chopping any wood.

Leslie said...

We never did get too much snow here on Sunday, at least much that stuck. There was snow on the ground on Monday morning, but that melted off quickly too. I predict at least one more April storm before we finally warm up for good.