Friday, October 24, 2008

Last Century Elegance







There are a lot of lobbys and places to sit and read, meditate or relax. There was one lobby in particular that I would like to miniaturize and create in my house. Most of the shots are a little dark, but hopefully you will get the idea. If I get some housekeeping service, I will try a shot of our room, which is in the old original hotel, built in 1918. They are celebrating 90 years this year. All of the lobbys have to have a table and fresh flowers to maintain their five star rating. The model living room is the picture on the right and the one so dark you can hardly see it. It brightens up a bit if you click on and enlarge it. In spite of all the beauty and elegance, I would rather be in SLC with little Ben. I keep telling myself there is not much I could do, but my heart is there nonetheless.

2 comments:

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

Beautiful! I drove by the Broadmoore numerous times on the way to the zoo, but never saw the interior. Always thought if Jason and I ever wanted to get away for an overnight stay without leaving the city, that the Broadmoor would be the way to go. So, do you know why they spell there name with the a written so little?

Lynda/Mom said...

Yes, it is so they could copyright the name. Without the small a it could not be copyrighted--at least that's what they told us on the tour. I almost tried to call you to find out where to shop, but since I am flying hime I figured I couldn'treally carry much anyway.