Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Nothing Like a Good Soup in the Winter

Well, it's not really very like winter as it is unseasonably warm in SLC and there has been no snow for several weeks now. But in a joint effort with my two daughters and the internet, we have recreated, and maybe improved upon, the Olive Garden minestrone. It didn't take that long to cook, and even the most resistent soup hater (Cameron) admitted he liked it. I'd post the recipe, but Laura is the one who put it all together, and I'm not sure of all the ingredients. It has been a busy couple of weeks with very little to show, but I soldier on nonetheless. I'm looking forward to seeing many of you Thanksgiving evening for dessert.

Addendum: Turns out the invite didn't go out for Thanksgiving evening dessert. Nonetheless, we'll be here with pies if anyone wants to come. E mail or call for details. I'll try to get the soup recipe up tomorrow if the dinner preparations don't get in the way.

4 comments:

Barbara said...

Good job--I'll look forward to the recipe.

MaryAnn said...

I want the recipe - I love the Olive Garden's soup!

Jenny R said...

I would like the recipe too - I love soup!!!

Lynda/Mom said...

As most of you will already know, check Laura's blog for the recipe.