Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sunday Morning Moonset


When we headed to Utah Thursday evening we were impressed by the huge moon in the sky. Little did I know that I was witnessing a phenomenon that won't be seen again until something like the year 2016--don't know the details, but the moon was a certain percentage larger and brighter than usual. Well, I didn't get a picture. When I woke up this morning, there was the moon setting in the West over the night's snowfall. So I ventured out on the front porch in my nightgown and slippers and snapped this photo. It's not such a great picture, but I do enjoy the exceptionally clear skies and beautiful sunsets. Hope you enjoyed your weekend as much as we did ours.

5 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Looks very pretty and very wintery. The office Christmas party was a lot of fun. Thank you for inviting us.

Barbara said...

I think your picture is great. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Sandy Brunson said...

Lovely! I'm sad I missed the extra large and bright moon. I didn't take the chance to see it.

Dennis Carter said...

Nice photo. You captured the cold, crisp feeling. Unfortunately it requires a telephoto to take the kind of moon shots you see in the magazines.

Jenny R said...

Looks peaceful! :)