Friday, September 25, 2009

Front Yard, Home Stretch





























I took the pictures toward the middle of the day, and they aren't very good, but maybe you can get some idea of the finished look. The planting beds are pretty much empty, and I am debating how much to try to plant before next spring. I have to say the pictures do not do justice to the end result, which is very much what I had envisioned when we started with a few exceptions. We love it. Notice the dozing king of the castle who nodded off overlooking his domain. I might try again tomorrow for some better shots.

9 comments:

Kathy said...

It looks great.

Grammyzanne said...

Why don't you put in some daffodil and tulip bulbs and have a magnificent display in the spring.
Maybe some hyacinths too for some early spring color. That looks like a lot of work went into creating a thing of beauty.

Grammyzanne said...

Oops I was thinking of crocus for early color.

Lynda/Mom said...

Good ideas, Suzanne. I had forgotten I have about 200 bulbs to plant, so I'll get right on that.

Barbara said...

It really does look great. Your pictures look good to me. Thanks for the visual tour.

Dennis Carter said...

Lookin' good! I'll bet your neighbors think you're weir using so much rock. A little Vegas in Summit? Also per Sandy's blog, try mums!

Leslie said...

Looks good. It will be fun to see it in person this weekend.

More rock than I expected, though. But you are Las Vegans, so you're used to seeing rock. I guess I've been living in "lush" northern Utah too long.

I'd second the suggestions on planting bulbs, especially since your soil is probably easy to work with now. And get some potted mums for fall color. They'll probably last a while.

Leslie said...

I forgot to add, you definitely need a fire pit out on the patio area. Since you didn't build one in, you should get a free standing one.

Lynda/Mom said...

Yes, the Summit people have indicated that it is not a Summit yard--too much Vegas influence. They probably think I must be absolutely nuts to bring in rocks since they are always trying to get rid of them. Yes, Leslie, I'll bring the portable firepit down when I come back this week. I do have some mums, but they're in the pot by the bench.