Sunday, March 1, 2009

Redemption and New Floors



I am finally ready to redeem myself from the bottom of the blog post list. (Eat your heart out, Janet!) Over the last few weeks we have had a new floor installed in the "great room" area of our Summit house. I bought the flooring last summer/fall when Leslie and Cameron installed the same floor in their new home, and I liked it a lot. After realizing that kids with their own houses are never going to have time to install flooring in my house, we hired a contractor. I won't go into the details, but we had planned to buy a rug for the living room, and I ordered a bigger one than I might otherwise have purchased because of some unaesthetic "regularities" in the installation. So I have taken some pictures of the floor (and the new rug) for your viewing pleasure. I now will need to paint the walls, and perhaps the ceiling, because there is too much "yellow" in the rug--so much for ordering on line. All in all, though, we are pleased with the new floor, and I think the wall color is due for a change after 7 years with the original paint.

9 comments:

Grammyzanne said...

That is a lovely rug - even if more yellow than you had thought. I agree it is time ofr a cange of color on the walls.

Leslie said...

You made the floors sound like they were much worse. I think they look fine. And the rug looks good too.

Laura Stringham said...

I'm with Leslie, they look fine. i also like the rug. We'll figure out a paint color for those walls that will make it look great. Your pictures make me want to visit Summit. I'm needing to break things up.

Barbara said...

I think it looks good as well--what is visible of it. I like the rug, and I know you'll enjoy finding a new paint color and making that change. Fun times, and congratulations on finding your camera and doing your post. :)

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

I too like the dark wood flooring. I hope your painting goes better than the installation of the floor, whatever the problem is/was.

Austin's Mommy said...

Looks gorgeous. I love that flooring too. Look forward to seeing the new wall paint

Jenny R said...

Love the floor! What is it? And I agree - pretty rug. I still need a kitchen floor - I think if I ever get that kitchen finished it may be the biggest accomplishment of my life! Ha Ha!

MaryAnn said...

the floor looks very nice and it is good to here from you again.

Lynda/Mom said...

The flooring came from Costco and is laminate with backing so it doesn't sound hollow. In Leslie's house with the basement under it it doesn't sound hollow. In my house with the poured concrete and no basement it is a bit clackity, but it actually looks really good except--the installers started every other row with a whole piece making too much regularity so it doesn't look like wood. It's called Antique Chestnut.