Monday, September 13, 2010

The Red Bicycle

I have a picture of my red bicycle, but it is on my digital camera and the grief of loading it on my blog is more than I can handle. My red bike had a flat tire when I got back to Vegas last time. I went a week without the bike. I missed the bike. Greatly! Although I doubted my ability to fix a flat bike tire on a bike with gears and a derailer, I was desparate. Tonight I tackled the project in desparation. I'm happy to report that this grandma fixed that flat all by herself!! Then she took herself for a little spin around the block--pure joy! I'm baaaaaack! That's all.

4 comments:

MaryAnn said...

I don't know why you doubt your abilities - you are the handiest person I know. Wasn't it you that fixed Aunt Barbara's dishwasher?

Barbara said...

Indeed it was, and she is a miracle worker!! Congratulations on conquering that hurdle.

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

My bike has sat in the garage for years with two flats. I used my birthday money to buy tubes and than took my husband up on his offer to fix it. Otherwise, I would've taken it to a shop. That is how laking in confidence I am in my abilities. So, congrats! way to go! You are amazing!

Grammyzanne said...

Congratulations on the repair. Enjoy your bike riding - hopefully the weather in Vegas is more conducive to that this time of year.