Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Landscape, Part Deux






















Maybe you saw the progress on the front yard last year. The back yard got started later in the year this year and is a little more involved, but here are some photos that show where we are. Some of the elements are a new woodshed since we now cannot pile wood in a heap in the weeds and dirt, a greenhouse (only the footings are there now, and it will go in at the end so as to avoid potential breakage of glass), raised planting beds for veggies (so I can sit on the wall and reach in to plant, weed and harvest), a patio with a firepit, a patch of grass, and a kid swingset. There is also a strip to plant shrubs for a little windbreak/privacy screen, and pathways to get around. I'll post the pictures, and hopefully you can figure it out. The picture of the front was not supposed to be there, but I can't figure out how to get rid of it.

6 comments:

Grammyzanne said...

Your backyard shows lots of promise - and lots of work that has been done and yet to be done. I really like the raised vegetable beds. Think I'd spend more time working on our garden if we had raised beds.

Leslie said...

Looking good. It will be fun to have the yard all finished.

scott said...

I must admit that I am pretty jealous of a greenhouse I would love to have garden quality produce throughout the year!

Sandy Brunson said...

I love the raised beds for the vegetable garden. Genius if you ask me. Looks like fun.

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

You definately know what you want! Hopefully one day I will own a house again and can make some plans...raised beds might make the list!

Robinson Family said...

Very nice! I can't wait to see the finished product. Wish I could see it in person. I think it's nice you have such a welcome place for you and your family.